Instructions and Procedures
The Due Date is March 02, 2019
To be considered for one of this year’s $1,500 Jewel College Scholarships, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to graduate from high school by the end of the current academic school year;
- Plans to enroll in an accredited college or university for the Fall 2019 school year
- Reside in Northern Virginia Counties of Fairfax and Loudoun or within the greater Metropolitan Washington, D.C. area
- Send a complete application package to the Jewel Scholarship Review Committee on or before Saturday, March 2, 2019 and include the following:
Two-page Jewel College Scholarship Application (Please Type or Print)
- A two-page, typed, double-spaced essay describing, “Who am I, and What will this Scholarship Mean to Me?”
- A typed detailed description of your high school community service and volunteer activities
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of your most recent 12th-grade transcript which includes your cumulative high school grade point average
The above-required documents may be submitted in one of the following ways:
Preferred Option -Via E-mail: Scan the two-page application and required documents, attach them to an email and forward the email to the following email address: EDUCATION@JGHFDN.ORG.
Second Option-Via US Mail: Mail the two-page application and required documents to:
JGH Educational & Charitable Foundation, Inc.
Attn: Jewel Scholarship Review Committee
11654 Plaza America Drive, #290
Reston, VA 20190
Please Note: If you select the mailing option, your completed application must be postmarked no later than Saturday, March 2, 2019.
Each applicant will be notified via email as of the Scholarship Committee’s decision on or before Monday, March 11, 2019.